Review some of the activities and programs Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) has participated in:
- CERT was on stand-by for the blizzard and a number of CERT team members worked with Mahwah EMS during the Blizzard.
- 24 CERT members volunteered to help at Mahwah Day.
Once again, the Mahwah CERT team performed in their usual professional manner and without incident said Allan Becker CERT Team Coordinator. Our responsibilities included:
- Assisting the town's Mahwah Day committee
- Displaying the CERT Trailer
- Information booth and lost and found (including lost children)
- Security at the staff parking lot at the Montessori School
- Traffic and pedestrian management/control
- Mahwah CERT members volunteered 2 days at the Korean Thanksgiving Event at Overpeck Park. Responsibilities included parking, traffic and crowd control. Participation in this event gave them experience to work outside of our municipality and alongside CERT members from other towns.
- The Bergen Law and Public Safety Institute (Fire and Police Academy) celebrated their 50th Anniversary and a Public Safety Expo was held. Mahwah was asked to display our trailer and take this opportunity to publicize the CERT program. It gave us an opportunity boost the Mahwah CERT team’s presence within the township and to sign-up residents for the next CERT class.