Whom do I call for Animal Control?

The Township of Mahwah contracts with Tyco Animal Control for animal control services.

  • Residents are asked to call the Police Department 201-529-1000 for:
    • Sick, injured or dangerous animals
    • Stray animals
  • Call Tyco Animal Control Services 201-652-4554 for:
    • Dead animals on public property
    • Removal of nuisance wildlife
    • Report a lost pet
    • Violations of:
      • Leash law
      • Licensing
      • Pooper scooper

Tyco will also respond to requests for assistance on private property however, charges for these services apply and are billed directly to the property owner.

Show All Answers

1. Whom do I call for Animal Control?
2. What should I do if I see injured wildlife?
3. Where do I apply for a marriage or civil union license?
4. Where do I obtain a certified copy of my marriage certificate?
5. Are food handlers required to wear gloves?
6. Can I get a copy of my septic "as-built"?